Searching

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Where Art Thou

“Why standest thou afar off, O LORD? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?”  Psalm 10:1

We come to trust Christ because we see the need in our lives.  Our cry is, ‘Lord I can’t do this on my own, please help!’

We become complacent and drift away like a leaf on a slow moving stream.  It seems peaceful as we float away in our imaginary bliss.  But when we are stopped the reality of being where we don’t belong sets in.  We are far from where we belong.  Our cry now has changed to, ‘Where is GOD?’

I wonder where GOD has gone,
He seems so far away.
I wished I hadn't mistrusted Him
And went my separate way!


I don’t know how I’ll face the day,
With Him not at my side. 
I wished I hadn't left You LORD.
I was stupid in my pride!

But now on bended knee I come
And ask again for grace.
Please take from me this sinfulness.
And bring me to Your place!

Now that You have lifted me
And shown again Your care.
I realize You never left.
But You were always there!

GOD doesn't hide from us, we hide from Him!


“And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?”  Genesis 3:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment