Searching

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

At the End of Self

“But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.” Psalm 22:19

While it is difficult for us to comprehend the extreme pain the SAVIOR went through for us leading to and on the cross, it is equally hard to understand the mental pressure as well.

The cross was the consummation of thirty three years of agony for JESUS!  From the beginning, even at His birth, His life was faced with constant trouble!  As man CHRIST was at the end of Himself and knew His only help came from the FATHER.

I don’t believe JESUS was asking the FATHER to spare Him from the death of the cross, that was His goal, but I do believe He was asking the FATHER for the help to Conquer what He was faced with.

We the people the LORD came to save, must understand we also have to come to the end of ourselves and rely on Him. This alone will put an end to the sting of death and conquer the grave!

Here I was now all alone, 
Not knowing where to turn.
All my strength had left me, 
My heart began to churn.

Where could I go to get the help, 
I so desperately need to know?
I will look to the cross of Calvary 
And trusting JESUS, I will go!


“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment