Searching

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

"My Darling"

“Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.” Psalm 22:20

JESUS is now faced in a state of total mental exhaustion.  It has all come tumbling down upon Him.  The weight of all the elements of depression and anxiety were present with Him.  Every mental challenge you, I or anyone has ever faced, JESUS felt all at one time!  I can’t even imagine what He was going through!

“Deliver  my soul” was His cry.  The word ‘deliver’ in the text means, ‘snatch away’, to remove and ‘rescue’.  JESUS cries out to His “Darling”!  To whom else could He go? The FATHER was His Only One!

The example JESUS gives us is to always understand in the end of everything GOD is our Darling, our Only One.  There is no other help greater then His!  When we are faced with the impossible we must go to the One that makes all things possible!

The FATHER delivered JESUS, 
Now JESUS will deliver you!
Trust wholly in the SAVIOR
Deliverance will come through!

Release all your burdens.
Place them at His feet.
Trust your Darling JESUS
Your trials He’ll defeat! 


“Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.” John 6:67-69


* “My Darling” most likely refers to soul.  The thought in this was my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment