Searching

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Grassy Fields and Fresh Water

“He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.” Psalm 23:2

The Good Shepherd leeds His sheep to the tender grass. These are the first shoots that break the ground not the old bitter grass about to seed.  Sweet to the taste and pleasant to take in.  The Good Shepherd always gives the best for His sheep!

He takes His sheep to the still waters where there is no confusion or fear.  Not still in the sense of stagnant but the ones that run with a gentle flow.  Fresh, clean water to refresh and strengthen the sheep. The Good Shepherd brings His sheep to pure undulated waters! 

The Shepard brought me to a place so fine.
With gentle waters, fresh grass sublime.

When I laid my head down to rest and sleep.
I found myself at the Shepards feet.

Oh, the perfect peace the Shepard gives.
To all the sheep, that are continually His.

“He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.” Isaiah 40:11

No comments:

Post a Comment