Searching

Monday, June 1, 2015

The Sweetness of Weakness


“Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;” Psalm 13:3

Frailty is the character of my being. 
Without help, this is how I’m seen. 
On my own the battle is never won.
When I fail, I will always run.  


I’m weaker now than ever before.
My eyes are heavy and my heart is sore.
If this tempest gains more power,
I could die before the next hour.

This is why I cry unto Thee!
This is why I make my plea!
By Your power, You can set me free.
And no longer will my frailty be.

Our own weakness is turned to strength when we trust GOD to do the things we are unable to do.  Weakness brings victory; it allows us to see our need for help!

Had I not known weakness I would have never seen my need for Christ!  My life would have been filled with defeat and end in misery.  But because of CHRIST the victory is mine!

When in my battle and in a brawl,
The battle is over when on JESUS I call!
So don’t be a fool and end in defeat!
Call upon Jesus!  Victory is sweet!


“You, LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.”  Psalm 18:28

No comments:

Post a Comment