Searching

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

This Falling Fool


For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my GodPsalm 18:21

Falling down is not uncommon but it would be ridiculous not to get back up and go on!  If you stub a toe do you never walk again?  If you fail a test do you never take another?

These may seem impractical even to consider, they just don’t make sense.  If this is true of the physical is it not also true of the spiritual?  If we have a slip of the tongue and offend someone, do we never speak again?  If we have not walked the walk as we should, do we quit walking?

We all know the story of David’s life and know it was never perfect.  He had his failures just as we do!  There were things he did that shock the reader but he knew repentance brought forgiveness!  He refused to quit, he repented got back up and walked on to glorify GOD.  With all his heart he strove to do his best!  Perhaps this is a reason he was called, “a man after God’s own heart”!

I’ve found this about my walk.
I always seem to stumble.
Constantly I’m in need of help.
This really makes me humble.

I see my need I want so bad
To get up on my own!
The only way I can make a move.
Is to reach to JESUS on the throne!

Sometimes He has to drag me up.
Sometimes it’s a gentle pull.
But always by His faithfulness
He loves this falling fool!


See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.” Ephesians 5:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment