Searching

Friday, May 20, 2016

A Doubtful Mind


“O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.” Psalm25:2

Trusting GOD is essential for the believer to have a happy state of mind.  Believe is the key  to CHRIST, The Door!  “Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6) And, “The just shall live by faith:” Hebrews 10:38a  

My mind is drawn back to the first months of my own salvation when I was bombarded with doubt, what if, maybe, can this really be true, is it all in my mind?  Let me  remind you, “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness;” (2 Peter 3:9a). I may break promises but GOD never breaks His! “O my God, I trust in thee”.

Once we get over the doubt and trust the LORD we are asking ourselves another set of questions, how could have I doubted, why didn’t I trust, why was I so foolish?  The first thing we must understand is, doubt does not eliminate our position with CHRIST.  

If you doubt, you are in very good company, The disciples of John the Baptist came to JESUS and said, “John Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?”.  Remember this is the same John that said, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.”, “I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.” (John 1:32-34). If the man John the Baptist could doubt, and JESUS called him “the greatest”, don’t you think you could doubt? “O my God, I trust in thee”.

O my GOD, I trust in thee,
But the serpent causes doubt.
He tells me Your grace isn’t real
And my peace becomes a drought.

Send the water to my soul
And lift this doubt from me.
Help me LORD, restore my faith.
O my GOD, I trust in thee!


“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” Numbers 23:19

No comments:

Post a Comment