Searching

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Traveling with a Map

“Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.” Psalm 25:4

The best thing a new believer or for that matter any believer can do is to forget about their ways and depend on GOD’s Way.  What we do usually takes us down paths that lead to defeat.  On GOD’s path you never make a wrong turn, and there are no dead-ends, “Shew me thy ways, O LORD”!

For many years I drove all over the United States.  I went to places I never dreamed I would go.  I was going into unknown territory so instead of depending on my own very limited knowledge, I used a map!  Wouldn’t I have been foolish to just head out the door and go without that map?  

Over the years I learned the the paths, I hid them in my heart.  My memory would bring to my mind where I should go.  Even with all the knowledge I was gaining the map was always close and a constant reminder so I wouldn’t make a wrong turn, “teach me thy paths.” O LORD!

The poet wrote of two roads,
Diverged in a wood and he.
He took the one less traveled
Making a difference, you’d agree.

In our lives we need a sure guide,
Watching over that we won’t slide
One who guides each step we take.
Forging forward to make no mistake.

GOD has placed within our reach,
His Word to guide, none can impeach.
His path not traveled by many men,
But those who do, the difference win.


“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:11

No comments:

Post a Comment