Searching

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Here and There

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.” Psalm 23:6

The Good Shepherd keeps His sheep in the palm of His hand.  He knows every move they make, they are constantly on His mind. Whither He leads them through the valley or the hillside, His goodness and mercy is always present.  This is for all the days of their lives!

What a blessed hope the Good Shepherd’s sheep have!  While He gives goodness and mercy all the days of this life, it doesn’t end here.  He moves His sheep from the mortal to the immortal to a place He has prepared for them, where they will be with Him and under His love forever and ever!

Once just a wandering sheep,
Not knowing where to go.
Wandering across a desert land
With no peace or food to show.

I heard there was a Good Shepherd
Who for His sheep He did look.
He came and put me on His shoulder
He took me to a green field by a brook.

He promised never to leave me.
He said He would always be there.
Giving me goodness and mercy.
O what a glorious answered prayer.

When the brook dries in this place
And the grassy field fades away.
He’ll take me to a place He made for me,
Where forever and ever I’ll stay!


“What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.” Luke 15:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment