Searching

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Half Empty or a Full Cup

“This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.” Psalm 24:6

What we most desire in life is what we receive.  I spent a major part of mine seeking after things I thought would fill my hope of satisfaction but in the end I was left empty or at best, half full.

One of Satan’s biggest tricks is flashing things before our minds and making us think how much we need what he is offering.  He will get us to justify why we need them and trap us into making a bad decision.  I know, I’ve been there!  To avoid Satan’s trap we must seek GOD and trust what His Word tells us.  

GOD brings full satisfaction!  What He offers us is not half full but overflowing full, over the brim full and is never empty.  His promises never tarnish or wast away. They are pure and precious throughout eternity!

I have sought the world for many things
That have left my cup half empty.
My desire my friend was never filled,
Getting half while I wanted plenty.

When all my desire was seeking GOD
I found my cup overflowing.
The peace that came, filled my heart
The peace GOD keeps bestowing.


“For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.” 1 Timothy 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment