Searching

Monday, May 2, 2016

Here and Now

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4

How wonderful it is to have the Good Shepherd Who walks with you not only by the green pastures and calm waters but also through the darkest of valleys. The Good Shepherd calms the sheep no matter where they are.

It is easy to be content while it is peaceful when all things are well, but only the Good Shepherd brings comfort in all situations.  When things seem bleak and it is hard to see an end of your turmoil there JESUS, the Good Shepherd is by the side, in the front and all around His sheep guiding them gently on to a new grassy field!  

There are many privileges in being in the sheep fold of the Good Shepherd.  Having sin wiped from us, a promise of a resurrected body like unto His, reigning with JESUS in Heaven and so many more that would fill the pages of books to many to publish!  

Oh but listen, you don’t even have to wait till Heaven to reap such wonderful benefits.  It begins with your conversion, here and now!  This is, “the peace that passes all understanding”!  

I laid in a grassy field
Where I found peace within.
A feeling of such joy I felt
The Shepherd kept me in.

Then one day a storm came in
And fear began to fall.
Don’t worry My little sheep,
Your Shepherd hears your call.

All at once the fear did leave
My heart was filed with peace.
I saw the Shepherd with His staff.
All my fear, He did release! 

“The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.


The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.” Psalm 46:6-11

No comments:

Post a Comment