Searching

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

GOD Blesses the Good One

He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.” Psalm 24:5

Is there anything greater than the blessing of GOD? I suppose most people would give a no to this facetious question.  Yet, day after day we seem willing to trade off GOD’s blessing for our own simple desires.  When we put anything before the blessing of GOD we invite problems into our lives.  Why trade a diamond for paste?

When we make the blessing of GOD the most important part of our lives, GOD puts His blessing on us.  The blessing from Isaac was to go to Esau but it was most important to Jacob, so he stole it!  Did Jacob deserve the blessing? I think not.  Do we deserve GOD’s blessing? I think not!

The blessing of GOD is beyond our ability to even comprehend, it is a blessing without borders and expands into infinity.  We do know however, the most important part of the blessing is the relationship it gives us with the ALMIGHTY. We are made pure just as the SON!  We are just as unworthy as Jacob was and yet through the blood of CHRIST we are made righteous and all the blessings of the FATHER are placed upon us!

I reached out for a blessing
I didn’t deserve.
It was promised to a good one
Where it was held in reserve.

To make myself ready
I fell on my knees.
I cried out to JESUS
Take my sin, will You please?

There was no hesitation,
He went to the cross.
He took all of my sin
And He suffered much loss!

He gave all His blessing, 
From the grave He arose!
JESUS made me a good one
In His righteousness I repose!


For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21

No comments:

Post a Comment