Searching

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Lifted Up or Let Down

“Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.” Psalm 25:1

It is far better to go to the source of all creation than to go to what was created.  Things created lack the ability to solve the situations we find ourselves in.  No matter how intelligent and well intended the created is, it lacks in the capacity to solve our deepest problems.  

Don’t be distracted by others, be directed by GOD! This is not to say the advice of others is not of benefit to us, it can be.  But the final authority is always, and only in GOD.  Don’t be let down, be lifted up!

I sought for peace in others near,
My soul in desperate need.
The help they gave intentions pure,
But I never could succeed.

Then I went to GOD, the source of all.
I lifted my soul to Him.
With pleading prayer, I made the call,
His answer is my hymn!

“Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.” John 6:68


“And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.” Colossians 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment