Searching

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

25. SAVE ME, O MY GOD

“Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.” Psalm 3:7

I have come to the conclusion, at least in my own life that I have needlessly tried to fight for myself when I should have trusted God for His promise of protection.  In the end when all else has failed, I turn to God where I should have been in the first place.

Is it because we feel weak if we can’t take care of things on our own?  Or is it a pride problem?  The fact is we need to understand our weaknesses and kiss our pride good-bye.

I understand this problem, for those that aren't believers in Christ, they have nowhere else to go but to themselves or a friend.  But for the Christian to depend on self or others to fight their battles instead of Christ it is a failure of the faith they should have in Him and the final disposition of this lack of faith is sin.

 

Arise, my Father, I cry out to thee.

My troubles are many, come close and see.

 

No other can help me or understand my fright.

You alone are able to win this fight.

 

I've tried other avenues, and all were a botch.

I’ll lean on you Jesus. I’ll sit back and watch.

 

I know You’ll fulfill, the promises you gave.

I’ll trust you Dear Jesus, I’ll not be afraid!

 

I’ll give you, this battle. It’s Yours it’s not mine.

My life I give You, my life I consign.

 

“Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.” 2 Chronicles 20:15b

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment