Searching

Monday, November 10, 2014

15 Better Make it Right

“Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”  Psalm 2:9

I had a dream of fear,

That overtook my soul.

I thought that the end had come,

And I didn’t meet God’s goal.


Sweat poured from my redden brow,

And terror came to mind.

Every part of my body shook.

I wished I hadn’t been so blind.


Then with great relief I awoke,

From my petrifying sleep.

I fell down upon my knees,

And I began to weep.


Oh, my Savior Jesus, 

I now clearly see.

You died for all my sins.

Upon Calvary’s wooden tree.


Now I place my trust in You.

I recognize who You are.

You became sin for me.

It’s You that wears my scar.


Is the sun only the sun when it warms the heart or does it cease to be, when it scorches the field?  A foolish question this may seem but it is no more foolish than to believe God is no longer God when He brings His wrath on the disobedient, those that deny His Son.


After the drought is over, the wheat field expands its yield.  God’s wrath does not diminish His love, it expands it.  His desire is to bring us into subjection so we would be profitable, be at peace and be fruitful and happy. As for the lost it brings the opportunity for them to see their need for the Savior and to trust Him completely. Knowing they could not do it on their own.


God would cease to be God if He had no authority and the ability to use it.  When He speaks, it is finished. He has declared the end state of the disobedient and out of His great love provided the way of escape.  Those that choose their own way will, “break and GOD will dash them in pieces”.  So, it is written, so GOD has said!  


“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.” Romans 10:9-11



No comments:

Post a Comment