Searching

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

21. The Shield of Life

“But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.” Psalm 3:3

I had a shield made of skin to give myself some cover.

If I held it right I just might, my enemies would smother.


But I could fall by their spear, and I would never recover.

I needed a shield better than mine; in CHRIST I did discover.


Now I’m safe with His shield, His Glory it does hover.

Never to fall, He is my all, and there is never another.


I will always acknowledge my weakness.  My own shield is feeble and worn out and no one fears it at all. There is no power of my own to protect me.  “But thou, O LORD”, art my power and strength, the protector of my soul.


I will acknowledge within myself there is no beauty, brilliance or magnificence.  All my goodness is shame and wickedness.  “But thou, O LORD”, art my glory. YOU alone are the brightness of my life.  YOU are the “Loving Potter” that shapes my way. 


I will acknowledge, on my own there is only shame and guilt, my head is hung low.  My heart is heavy, I’m unable to lift my head. “But thou O LORD”, will place Your hand under my chin and gently lift it.  As I look into Your Word, I feel Your touch, I am raised to a place that cannot properly described.  It is You “O LORD” and You alone!



“Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.”  Revelation 14:7



No comments:

Post a Comment