Searching

Saturday, November 22, 2014

23. Pillow Talk

“I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.”  Psalm 3:5

Only GOD has the ability to cause wonderful, peaceful sleep when you are surrounded by troubles on every side. 


I recall the day I gave myself to the Savior,

When I placed my trust in Him.

I was overcome by peace and contentment.

Oh, sweet sleep, it came from Him. 


The restless night it had vanished.

All my fear had left my side. 

When I laid my head upon the pillow,

The love of God was solidified. 


When I awoke, He hadn’t left me.

To my side He came to stay.

Precious Jesus is my Savior

Through His grace, He’d heard me pray.


Jesus wipes away the guilt of a sinful heart.  He restores the mind by His perfect Word.  He tosses fear out and brings in peace.  He changes a stumbling step to a circumspect walk.  He pulls the shade on darkness and turns on the Light.  He heals the brokenhearted and sadness is replaced with joy.  He takes the hate of the wicked heart and buries it in the depths of hell and replaces it with a kind, loving and caring heart.


It always bothers me when someone tells me that I am good or kind as if I am something special.  There is no good in me.  I am just a sinner saved by grace, changed by Christ.  Nothing on my own.  The fact is, any good you see in me, is not me but the LORD that lives within me.


Can I be bold in saying, if you haven't experienced these things; you need to check your status with the Lord.  



“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”  Isaiah 26:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment