Searching

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Where Have They Gone


“Help, LORD, for the godly man ceases to be, For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.”  Psalm 12:1

I am filled with sorrow when I see the changes that have come in the 45 years of my salvation.  I constantly ask where have the godly gone and what happened to holy living people with conviction?  I have to ask myself if I have fallen into mediocrity and become complacent.

Urgency has left the message!  Where has the cry of the preacher gone?  Where are the Elijah’s of this hour?  Evangelism is disappearing.  Soul winning is gone in most cases. Does anybody have visitation anymore?  We are told these were the old ways and they don’t work!  I say countless numbers of souls were added to the Kingdom of Christ by using them and we are missing the mark when we leave them out!

The brook looks thirsty.
The pebbles look dry.
There’s no rushing water.
Or a cloud in the sky!

Where have they gone?
These pretty shinny stones!
They are thirsty for a covering
Water! Their heart moans!

Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.  Jeremiah 6:16


No comments:

Post a Comment