Searching

Friday, May 1, 2015

In GOD I Trust!


“To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?”  Psalm 11:1

Running never works, it only delays the inevitable. Trusting in self may give a form of safety but absolutes are only in the LORD!  Listening to the direction of others may comfort for a time but everlasting shelter belongs with the LORD!

I would like to tell you that I have never done wrong after my salvation but that would be a lie!  There have been too many of those times in my life and each of them torments my soul. The hardest part of falling is getting back up!  To try to get up under your own power is the same process of self-dependence that caused you to fall in the first place.

I thank the LORD for helping me rise from the pits I have put myself.  Without Him I would be most miserable! 

I flew to a mountain, of imaginary safety.
I nested in a tree, the wind blew down.
What I thought was solace, was just another trial!
Now with head in hands, I sit here with a frown. 

If I had only listened, to what the LORD had told me.
And not the things self and others said.
I would not be here, lying in my sorrow.
I would be happy, not wishing I was dead!

“For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.”  1 Thessalonians 5:3


No comments:

Post a Comment