Searching

Monday, August 3, 2015

Follow the Leader

“Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.”  Psalm 17:5

The path we walk can make our lives a most miserable one or one that is delightful. The key is who we are following. The leader always directs us to our destination. A good leader will guide us to the right destination and protect us along the way.
Following Christ gives us the power to overcome anything we may ever be faced with and our footsteps slip not! As sure as Jesus rescued Peter when he began to sink in the stormy waters, He saves all that rely Him! “But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.” (Matthew 14:30). LORD, help us to hold tight to the right leader, JESUS!
I once followed a fool.
My path was a winding way.
Always falling down,
Could never stand or stay.
I thought I knew it all.
No one could tell me a thing.
Constantly having trouble,
I would mess up everything.
But when I took a look
At myself in the mirror.
I wasn’t much to look at,
And nothing to revere.
Then I read the Word of God.
It spoke of the Savior's love.
I fell upon my knees that day.
I found peace from above.
Now I follow JESUS.
He’s the only Way.
One day I’ll hear the trumpet.
He’ll carry me away...
“Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13






No comments:

Post a Comment