Searching

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Shechinah Glory

“Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,”    Psalm 17:8

These two statements of hope are additive to the reader. When we understand our weakness and the need for assistance and protection we will understand what David was speaking of. 

The pupil (apple of the eye) while being a most treasured part of our body is more dependent than any other. Shielding the eye is essential if we are to walk in light and have vision.

How loving and tender the thought of the bird sheltering the chicks under their wings, this soothes my heart and great peace is present when I read it.

I acknowledge my weakness and need for protection from my loving GOD! O LORD hid me in the shadow of Your Shechinah Glory! 

“He keeps me as the apple of the eye,”
On the LORD’s protection I do rely!
No greater defense could one obtain.
All my enemies CHRIST will restrain!

When I find myself in utter gloom,
He pulls me close to His strong room!
“Under the shadow of thy wings,”
Your Shechinah Glory, my heart sings!

There is no better feeling than this peace,
Reach out to JESUS, and from self-cease!
Protection will come once you’ve asked.
Security is sure, from death you’ve passed!


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment