Searching

Friday, August 14, 2015

The Fat Boy

“They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.”   Psalm 17:10

Better it is to be in need than to be captivated by our prosperity and puffed up with our gain!  A foolish heart is surrounded by self while the wise one is dependent upon the LORD!  It is the proud that elevate themselves but eventually fall! The humble lift up the LORD and move to heights far above their expectation!

I had bathed in my riches.
I thought I had it all.
Not in need of anything
Neither big nor even small!

Then one day it all came down
It just vanished all away.
I will never again trust in self
In the end I had to pay!

But when I fell I looked up
And saw The Way so clear.
Now I have all I need.
It’s CHRIST that I revere!

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:19




No comments:

Post a Comment