Searching

Monday, August 24, 2015

Fortune Giver


“From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.”    Psalm 17:14

To know what the future is is a wonderful thing!  The expectation of what we have in Christ is awe-inspiring!  There are no doubts whatsoever for the future of the believer.  

It is sad to watch those that find their peace in the things of this world and its riches. It is their god! They are overwhelmed by the now and forget the future. It is temporary and will flee them in the end and their later estate will be most horrifying! 

I would say it is very heartbreaking to GOD when the believer is occupied with the things of this world and forget the glorious future they already possess!  It is the responsibility of all that enjoy this glorious future to point others to Christ that they might have the same!

I’m not worried about tomorrow.
Tomorrow has ceased to be.
Every day is part of my future.
They will never cease for me!

Not earned by all my goodness.
My goodness could not pay the bill.
It’s true I have life everlasting.
But through JESUS it was made real!

Now I look forward forever.
All the clocks have ceased to run.
Time is no longer relevant.
Through JESUS I have already won!

“For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”  2 Timothy 1:2b.  

No comments:

Post a Comment