Searching

Monday, June 6, 2016

GOD Does We Don't

“For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.” Psalm 25:11

I have been told that the haunting I have over sin past is sin itself because I’m showing a lack of trust that GOD has forgiven me.  While I understand the thought behind what they speak, I remain in disagreement with them.

There is never a doubt in my mind of the grace GOD has given me and the forgiveness I have through CHRIST.  The character of GOD makes me confident of this and because His SPIRIT lives within me I have total assurance of this fact.

Just as David, I remain in disgust over the sin that has taken place in my life.   All the sin, sin before and after my salvation.  Little sin and big sin, every little lie and every bit of pride that has caused me to stumble.  If I wasn’t haunted by my sin, I would repeat it more often then do and I would elevate myself to where I don’t belong.

I know one day I will stand before my GOD perfect without sin or the remembrance of it, but while in this body of flesh I will constantly be in battle with it.  A good defense is never to forget what I am, and what JESUS went through for me!

The chains of sin wrapped around my flesh
Brings thoughts of shame to me.
This is a constant reminder of my weakness
And the SAVIOR I need to see.

I know He has  forgiven all I’ve done,
From the beginning to the end.
But I’m reminded of how sinful I am,
And on how JESUS I must depend.


“I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.” Isaiah 43:25

No comments:

Post a Comment