Searching

Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Sun Always Shines

“Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am alone and afflicted.” Psalm 25:16 

Ever felt destitute and all alone?  I must say this is one of the most miserable conditions we can be in.  We can even have these feelings of despair when we are in the presence of others. Nothing seems to help.

I know some will read this and think I must be a weak Christian for having a thought like this.  But if the “man after Gods own heart.” had an occasion to feel this way I suppose, I can also.  

Our feelings are not always as accurate as we think.  In David’s mind, he felt as if GOD had his back to him and wanted Him to turn and look.  When the sky is covered with clouds you may not see the sun, but it’s still there.  

There are many reasons we can find ourselves in this condition but there is only one way to solve it!  Turn to GOD, just as David did.  You might say I have, and nothing is happening.  “The just shall live by faith”  We live by faith and hold to the promises of GODs Word. He isn't slack in keeping what He has promised. The evidence of our faith is the answer to our prayers.

O my GOD look upon me,
I’m desolate and in need.
You will see a broken man,
Grace is for what I plead.

I feel so alone right now.
I don’t feel, You are near.
Turn to me and face me,
Save me from this spear.

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1

“Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:37-39


No comments:

Post a Comment