Searching

Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Know It All

“The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.” Psalm 25:9

Who are the meek? While the word rightly expresses one that is gentle and quite, it means much more.  Allow me to give some adjectives from the Apple dictionary on my PC, “submissive, yielding, obedient, compliant, tame, biddable, tractable, acquiescent, humble, deferential, timid, unprotesting, unresisting, like a lamb to the slaughter.” I was delighted to see the last six words Apple used to define “meek”!

Meek is surrounded with the idea of submission, total submission.  The meek person lets go of themselves and puts total trust in GOD.  “The meek will he guide”!  We must forget our ways and yield to GOD’s.  

The LORD will never guide the haughty or the one that can’t be instructed by His Word.  He is willing to teach His way but we must be teachable.  GOD won’t use the person that is caught up in themselves.  The unteachable one that constantly interferes with His Word, dividing it with their interpretation. “The meek will He teach His way”! 

I thought I knew everything,
My life was such a mess.
I was full of my own wisdom,
Most obnoxious, I confess. 

No one could tell me anything,
You see I knew it all.
I lived in my stupidity 
I was ready for a fall.

My fall was not shameful
I fell upon my knees.
No longer was I haughty.
JESUS help me please!

“O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.” Jeremiah 10:24  




No comments:

Post a Comment