Searching

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Watch, Look and Listen

“Consider my enemies; they are numerous, and they hate me violently.” Psalm 25:19

LORD, You have looked at me and seen my dreadful state.  Now please look at my enemies, there are so many, I can do nothing about them unless you intervene.  My enemies are hitting me from every side, they hate me with vengeance.  Their desire is to see my collapse.

My only hope is with You my LORD, only You.  I’ve tried to handle this on my own and it has never worked. My efforts are without merit, my response is to weak to deliver myself.  I’m at my wits end, I feel as though I’m about to collapse, even as my enemies surround me.

I can’t read the mind of David but I can feel his heartache, I’ve been there and I’m sure you have too.  I’ve often thought of David being called, “a man after GODs own heart” and have come to the conclusion, one of the main reasons is his total reliance on GOD.  Yes, he had his sins just like we do but what he did that was so important, he repented and called upon GOD, every time!

Out of power, my might was lame.
Circling around, my enemies came.
I had no hope, so it seemed to me
I fell on my knees, and made my plea.

GOD saw my sorrow and my sin.
He saw the dreadful place I’m in.
He heard my heart and my plea.
JESUS came, and He rescued me.

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. Isaiah 55:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment