Searching

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Living Room of GOD

“The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.” Psalm 25:14

I find it very pleasant sitting in a room with friends talking about things.  Often the subject doesn’t matter, it is just having a good conversation that does.  A couple just left our home where this very thing happened.  Some of the conversation contained sadness but the outcome was very pleasant and reassuring.  The LORD was in our presence.

To often we think of our GOD in a way that is actually not true.  I suppose we get this from the Old Testament when the High Priest was only allowed into the Holy of Hollies once a year.  We tend to think of Him as distant instead of close and we are unworthy to come into His presence. 

Yes, we are unworthy but JESUS changed our unworthiness when He took our sin upon Himself and opened the door to the living room of the FATHER.  GOD has invited us to have conversation with Him, not once a year by His priest but everyday and every hour.  

I just sat down with JESUS
To have a little talk.
He was there to listen
And help me in my walk.

Such a pleasant conversation
When He began to speak.
He taught me of His way
Brought vigor where I was weak!

I didn’t want to leave the room
Where we sat and spoke.
He said don’t worry friend,
Our bond is never broke.

“And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;” Matthew 27:51


No comments:

Post a Comment