Searching

Friday, June 24, 2016

The Most Great Prayer

“O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.” Psalm 25:20

The greatest prayer a person will ever pray is, Save Me, “O keep my soul”. It is the one prayer that will bring deliverance, “deliver me”.  Remove my sin from before me, “let me not be ashamed”.  It is the first prayer for the child of GOD, “I put my trust in thee”. 

I have a problem when hearing one say, they somehow entered the grace of GOD by another means.  Like, I was brought up a Christian or, I kinda accepted it and evolved.  They may say they believe the Bible or they love the teachings of JESUS, but if they have not cried out to GOD by heart and mouth, I have strong doubt of them being in the family of GOD.

This most great prayer is not only the beginning of joy and happiness for the one that prays it but it is the prayer that continues with them, over and over again, each time bringing deliverance from their trouble.  

Instantly deliverance came,
When I cried out to CHRIST.
No wondering or waiting
I cried once and it sufficed.

But I have learned not to quit
When I’m in need of care.
Always asking for deliverance, 
And JESUS is always there! 

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.” Romans 10:9-11



No comments:

Post a Comment