Searching

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Greatest Desire

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.” Psalm 27:4

Over the years I have asked the LORD for many things.  I have called upon Him during trials and in times of heartache.  I have asked Him to watch over my family, my church and the Pastor.  

While there is nothing wrong in asking GOD for all this and more I wondered if my heart was in the same place as David’s when he wrote the above words.  What if I only had one request and that was it?

Reading this verse helps us to understand if our one prayer is to be in a full and complete relationship with the LORD all our other requests will come.  This is a continuing process, we will “seek after” it.  

My one request to You, my LORD
That we might be of one accord.

I will seek you each and everyday
Allowing You to guide my way.

Along my side You'll always be.
Showing me all Your beauty.

Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” Psalm 37:4



No comments:

Post a Comment