Searching

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Outer and Inner Light

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1

I have thought how tragic it would be to be blind and also how great it is to have the benefit of sight.  I suppose we take things such as sight for granted.  I’m sure if we asked a blind person they would readily tell us how blessed we are.

There are two types of light, outer and inner.  Outer gives us the ability to walk through our day free from stumbling, our path is lite, are way is clear. Inner light is different in that you see with the heart and not the eye.  A good example of this is Fanny Crosby, blind in the eye but not in the heart.  In her song, Blessed Assurance she writes, “Visions of rapture now burst on my sight” and “Watching and waiting, looking above, Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.”

While I’m pleased I have outer light, I would readily give it up for the inner.  Outer fades and grows dim. Inner is forever and one day you have the hope of perfect vision.

I couldn’t see but I was shown
The Light, He made it clear.
Darkness left, salvation came.
I have nothing more to fear.

When I am weak, He is strong,
His power will never fade.
His strength He passes on to me,
And nothing can make me afraid.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.


That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” John 1:6-13

No comments:

Post a Comment