Searching

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Don't Walk in Circles

My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.” Psalm 26:12

Thinking on the past and all the unsteadiness that went on in my life makes me rejoice to have found a better Way. No longer is the insecurity present in my life.  My foot is standing in an even place.  

In the beginning the road I was on was maintained by me and my ability to keep it straight and level was lacking.  No matter how hard I tried the road was still uneven.  A slanted walk makes you go in circles.

I’m not saying that I don’t have problems sense I trusted JESUS, I most certainly do. There are pits and sorrow along the way but the certainty that I will come through them is security and peace. I walk the road of full assurance with the knowledge that one day I’ll walk on the “streets of pure gold”!

There is a road that twists and turns,
It’s base is uneven and worn.
I’ve walked upon this rugged road,
It’s the one to which I was born.

I was told of a road that’s paved,
Where your foot is sure and free.
The pits and holes are gone away,
And a steady ride is a guarantee.

The sign I saw before me read,
“You must be born again”!
I made the turn, I went the Way
A level road, did now begin.

For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.” 2 Timothy 1:12b





No comments:

Post a Comment