Searching

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Do I Smell Right?

“Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.” Psalm 26:2

Here we see the call for an examination.  Not to prove to GOD how good we are but rather to make sure we are maintaining the walk we ought to have.  Have we gotten out of step? Are we to comfortable or complacent?

It is so dangerous for us to get caught up in ourselves, thinking we have reached the pinnacle of achievement.  Once we find ourselves in this place we have lost our dependence on the LORD.  The believer will never make it on their own.

We must ask GOD as David wisely did, “prove me”, do things in my life smell right to you LORD?  Is the gold of my life pure in its content or is it just partial?  Does my diamond sparkle as it should? Is my water clean or is it polluted?  Test me LORD, shake up my heart that I might be what You want me to be. 

I’ve been tried and I’ve been tested.
I thought my life was pure as gold.
I asked the LORD if He would test me.
He found some tarnish, I was told.

I’m not discouraged by His findings.
I’m thankful for the things He's found.
My purpose is to be more like JESUS
Now LORD, my life I’ll turnaround.

“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” 2 Corinthians 13:5




No comments:

Post a Comment