Searching

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Church is Family

“LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.” Psalm 26:8

When a firefighter in years past we were taught what ingredients you have in most fires to create combustion.  It was called the “Fire Triangle”.  The ingredients were Heat, Fuel and Oxygen.  

The successful Christian has a similar “triangle” which is essential in their lives, Prayer, Fellowship and the Word! Eliminate anyone of the three and you are incomplete and in danger of losing the so great peace you have been given.

To say you are a Christian and never enter the door of the Church is contrary to the Word of GOD.  It is a fact that those that are truly saved will have the desire to be around other Believers.  We associate ourselves with those of a like mind.  CHRIST is the head of the Church, Believers are indwelled with the SPIRIT.  It is just natural for Believers to come together in one mind worshiping their LORD.

Beside all the above, I really love the Church and want to be there.  I love my brothers and sisters, I love the preacher and the message he preaches. I love the children and the aged of which I’m one.  The Church is family and I belong to it!  

There is a place I long to be
Where my spirit is lifted high.
With tranquil peace in the air
And joy is beyond the sky.

Kind thoughts and love is sure
From those that fill the room.
We talk about the One we love,
We are waiting for the Groom! 

“My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.” Psalm 84:2






No comments:

Post a Comment