Searching

Friday, July 1, 2016

The Rich Heart (E)

“Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.” Psalm 25:22

A rich heart is one that is not only concerned about their own troubles but also for the troubles of others.  This still another reason David was called, “a man after GODs own heart.”  He understood he was not alone in his misery, others had the same heartache as he did. So he pleads for them also.

It is sad we often get so tangled in our own misfortunes we can’t see what others are also going through.  It is so important for us to share the love of CHRIST and propagate the victory we have in Him.  We can say it is selfish when we only worry about ourselves and are not concerned that others are going through the same things.

I have heard it said by some, “I don’t have the gift of witnessing to others”.  May I say this is only a feeble excuse for an unconcerned heart.  The LORD brought the believer out of great troubles and continues to help them in their daily walk.  How could one not want to share their freedom with others?  “Redeem (Them) O God, out of all (their) troubles”.

Oh, my sorrow how I hurt.
My troubles overwhelm me.
To the LORD I will make my cry,
And all my troubles will flee.

But what of others near and far,
Who are in this dreadful place?
Oh, my God, I’ll cry for them.  

That all their troubles, you’ll erase…If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14


No comments:

Post a Comment