Searching

Monday, July 11, 2016

Get in the Boat and Stay There

I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.” Psalm 26:4

Many have heard or read the phrase, “The Christian is in the world but not of the world”!  I have always loved this thought especially when it comes to taking a stand.  It encourages me when I realize this world is different than the one I belong to. I am an alien in a foreign land!  Mine is much better! 1 Peter 2:11

I wish that all who claim to be believers would understand this biblical concept but I’m afraid many don’t or at least it isn’t apparent in their lives.  Once we are saved we no longer live for the things of the world but we live for CHRIST and His Kingdom.

JESUS was sent by the FATHER and we are sent by CHRIST.  JESUS didn’t come to make things beautiful in this world. His purpose was to replace the first Adam by keeping the law that we couldn’t, die for our sins and be raised from the dead, promising all that would believe, the same.

While attending a church, singing songs of praise and learn all the things about our most precious LORD is wonderful, we can’t forget why He sent us just as the FATHER sent Him.  The death burial and resurrection was the commission JESUS had and ours is to tell the world of His marvelous redemption!  May I be bold in saying we will never fulfill our commission if we are living for the world and not Him. 

I was in a boat floating on the sea
When a thought happened to come to me.
I was in the boat and not the sea.
The boat was between the water and me. 

I looked and saw others struggling to swim.
I asked myself how I could bring them in?
The waters raged and tossed them about.
I threw them a life line as I began to shout.

Get in the boat and you’ll find safety there.
CHRIST will calm the seas and your life repair.
Once your aboard don’t sit on your hands
Bring others to safety, this JESUS demands!

“I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.” John 17:9-11







No comments:

Post a Comment