Searching

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Almost? Not Good Enough!

“A Psalm of David. Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.” Psalm 26:1

This would be a terrifying statement to ask GOD to judge us unless adequate provision had been made for us.  Perfection is imposable on our own.  “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”. Romans 3:10  

Perfection is an absolute when we stand before the LORD, “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” James 2:10  The question is, have any of us kept the law in its entirety? “No, not one”.  The penalty is not a slap, but death!  “For the wages of sin is death;” Romans 6:23a

David’s ability to ask GOD to judge him was answered in his statement, “I have also trusted in the Lord”.  Even though we do our best to do good we are lacking when we are on our own.  JESUS is essential for our perfection.  Only through CHRIST is our integrity true, “but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23b

JESUS said, “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” Matthew 5:48  Want to be perfect and not fear death? Want to boldly stand before GOD and say, “judge me”?  Trust the perfection of CHRIST and not your own.

I found the source to perfect delight.
I found JESUS, and He made me right.

I’m finally able to stand before GOD.
Receiving perfection and not the rod.

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10


No comments:

Post a Comment