Searching

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Walk Don't Run

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” Psalm 27:13


If we are not careful when trials come, we will fall into the trap the devil wants us to, and we'll turn tail and run!  When you run the victor is the devil.  My mind is drawn back to a song my friend Brother Roloff wrote and sang. “Run if you want to run if you will, but I came here to stay.  It’s a battle field brother not a recreation room, and I didn’t come here to play”.

It is especially important when it comes to our witness and our ministry for the LORD.  When we turn tail and run we are telling the world what we have isn’t much.  It isn’t strong enough to carry us through.  

JESUS takes away the pain! If this wasn’t true and I didn’t have His promises written on my heart I would run like the rest.  However I am constrained not only by His promises and kept in tack through His unfailing love, but He lives within my very soul and nothing can separate us, nothing!

When they come I will stay.
I will stay within Your care.
Fears dark hold can not take,
The comfort that we share.

My mind says run, my heart says stay.
I’ll lean upon Your Word.
To think of quitting at this point,
The thought is just absurd! 



Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.” John 6:67-69

No comments:

Post a Comment