Searching

Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Face of GOD

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.” Psalm 27:8


This is GODs invitation to David and for us as well, “Seek My Face”.  There is never an invitation that will take precedence over it.  Here The ALMIGHTY speaks specifically to us, you and me, all of us no matter who we are. The rich, the poor the lofty and the lowly. The good, the bad and the ugly!  He says to all, “Seek My Face”!

There is really only one acceptable answer to such a holy invitation, “Thy face, Lord will I seek”.  David felt in his heart the moving of GOD upon him.  He made a choice that changed his way of life forever!  Not just a happy life here and now, but forever and ever.

Only a fool would disregard such a invitation.  He would have to be without common sense to allow his pride to get in the way of his acceptance of having the opportunity to walk by the side of The ALMIGHTY.  Only the fool would want to keep what they have when GOD offers so much. 

It is the desire of GOD for the believer to constantly seek His Face for all things, big or small.  We are yoked with Him, we are tied together.  To leave GOD out of our lives is pride at its best and an insult to GOD, “Thy face, LORD, will I seek.”!

What a glorious invitation
The LORD has given all.
To the rich and to the poor, 
To the mighty and the small.

Man is ever yearning
For a peaceful way.
Listen to your heart,
And trust GOD today.



Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.” Matthew 11:29

No comments:

Post a Comment