Searching

Monday, August 22, 2016

Me Being Me

Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. Psalm 27:9


As I look at my own life I think I can understand what David meant by these words.  There is no greater joy than knowing we are in fellowship with GOD.   However the flesh is always present and sin prevails more than not.  “Hide not thy face from me”.

While we understand GOD won’t fellowship with us while we live in sin we also understand the anger for our sin was taken care of on the cross.  It is the everyday verity of sin that plagues my heart, me being me.  My inconsistencies are a constant reminder of my need for GOD.  “put not thy servant away in anger:”

It is our way to do our best to outwardly show our love for CHRIST by acting out our Christianity, but we know in our heart what we really are, a sinner saved by grace.  “Thou has been my help”.

The greatest fear a believer can have is to be abandoned by GOD.  This fear was also taken care of on the cross.  JESUS promised He  “would never leave of forsake us”!  “leave me not, neither forsake me”.

My conclusion is this.  I will never be able to comprehend the true love and grace of CHRIST until I meet Him in Glory, when true love is revealed. “O God of my salvation.”


My heart is right, I love you LORD!
I’m committed to Your way.
Keep me in Your arms of love,
I want never to go astray.

When I slip, hide not Your face
Let Your compassion fall.
“O God of my salvation”
You are my all in all!



My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 1 John 2:1

No comments:

Post a Comment