Searching

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Awe, Just Tremble

“Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.” Psalm 4:4

Do you suppose we give GOD the reverence we should?  Do we tremble before Him? I think maybe a few but not many. 

There was a day when people would flood to the alter with tears, begging for forgiveness.  But of course we have removed the alter along with the pulpit, where
we used to preach against sin and then show the grace of GOD!

This changed when we left holiness and brought many of our churches down to the level of the world.  Trying anyway possible to get them in the door!  We changed the names on our churches to something generic in order to entice people to come! We put on a musical extravaganza that puts Hollywood to shame. It is really hard to tell anymore who’s lost and who is saved; they all look and act the same!

We've been told to treat our churches as a business and we will succeed.  The truth is the HOLY SPIRIT can still do His job, if we will only allow Him to do so.  And why I’m getting this off my mind, if you want your church to grow, preach the Gospel!

Now you might be asking, why am I writing these thoughts?  I believe this might have been what David had on his heart.  Not the same ones but he was distressed by the lack of reverence for GOD!

Let us examine ourselves and see if we give the LORD the respect He deserves!  


When you think of the LORD, what is on your mind?
Do you think of Him as Holy, loving and kind?

Do you place Him as high as the facts say He should be?
Or do you resist His love and away from Him flee?

I observe Him far above all that I can see.
Glowing in His Glory making a defense for me!

He speaks like the thunder out of a stormy sky.
Holding His Word in His hand for all to comply!   

Now I lay in my bed as I sleep through the night.
Communing with JESUS, He never leaves my sight!

1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Isaiah 1:1-5


No comments:

Post a Comment