Searching

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Count to Ten


“Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.” Psalm 5:10

Have you ever had someone speed by you and think to yourself, I hope there's a trooper over the hill?

There is a desire for justice to come to those we see in disobedience, especially those that sin against us.  I suppose this is natural for us if we allow the flesh to have control.  Judging others is an act of self centeredness.

Only GOD knows the intent of the heart of man, we just make assumptions.  Only GOD knows what is going on in the mind of the offenders.  Perhaps there is something we don’t see.

There is this matter of turning the other cheek that is too often forgotten in our rage.  When we become infuriated we begin to look at things in a selfish way and guilt turns from the offender to us.

There is also this matter of righteous indignation.  We should be angry over the apparent disregard for GOD and His purpose but understand at the same time it is only GOD that takes vengeance!  It is ours to forgive not to take things into our own hands!


My Grandmother always told me
Just count from one to ten.
Before I flew off the handle
And have to take one on the chin.

Others always seem to mess up
By the stupid things they do.
I wonder if I would do the same
If I were to put on their shoe?

I have come to this conclusion
it is better not to judge at all.
I’ll leave it in the hands of GOD
And allow Him to make the call!

“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”  Romans 12:19

No comments:

Post a Comment