Searching

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fools Gold

“There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.”  Psalm 4:6

Trying to satisfy the flesh is like a dog that never stops eating and is never full.  The flesh is the insatiable desire that tries to steer our lives.  To follow the desire of the flesh is fools gold!  Once the desire is filled its effect tarnishes and its enticing value is no longer there!

Man continually wants things that he can see but “faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”  It doesn’t seem rational to me for a believer to put their fleshly desires above their faith in things of GOD unseen by the natural eye!  Remember “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”  These aren’t just so many words but they were spoken by JESUS!


Flashy trinkets glitter before me,
Making my flesh crawl with desire.
If I just had them for awhile,
I know my pleasure I would acquire!

But when I received all these pleasures,
My heart it had been led astray.
I was never content or satisfied 
And all my hopes had turned to gray!

“Who will show us any good?”
Who can satisfy our need?
What will every make us content?
Only to be counted for the seed!

“They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.” Romans 9:8




No comments:

Post a Comment