Searching

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Straight Faced

“Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.”  Psalm 5:8

It is the righteousness of GOD I seek and not my own.  How many times do I have to collapse before I conclude the LORD’ way is the only way? 

“Lead me, O LORD” is my petition.  Fill my mind with Your speech and not my own.  Establish Your righteousness in my thoughts that I might concentrate on what is truth.  “Lead me, O LORD” my way is crooked but Yours is straight.  Let me keep my eyes looking directly ahead toward the finish where the SAVIOR awaits!  As I lift my foot, tell me where to place it, that I might stay on the path You have chosen for me! 

“Lead me, O LORD” in the path that I should take.
  Help me LORD Your love never to forsake! 

“Lead me, O LORD” when I’m met with opposition.
  Help me LORD to stand firm in Your position!

“Lead me, O LORD” for my way it is twisted.
  Help me LORD by the SPIRIT to be visited!
 
“Lead me, O LORD” to understand my dependence.
  Help me LORD to know Your transcendence!


“And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.”  Isaiah 32:17 

No comments:

Post a Comment