Searching

Friday, December 12, 2014

Sleep Like Babies

“I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.”  Psalm 4:8

The greatest peace I ever felt was the morning of my salvation.  Now I really don’t know what babies sleep is like but it always seems so peaceful and they look so content.  Looking at the pictures of my newest great-granddaughter this is plainly seen.  That morning I feel asleep and I was overcome with great peace. Just like my little great-granddaughter, Kennedy Rae.

My heart goes out to those that are in the midst of trying times especially for those that don’t know my LORD!  This world is full of heartache and I know for myself if it wasn't for the grace and peace CHRIST gives me during hard times, I would not be able to endure because of all the unrest within me.

As Christian believers have a peace that passes all understanding.  I mean all understanding and nothing can get in its way.  Once we believe by faith and are renewed by the SPIRIT we don’t stop believing but we continue in faith and the peace goes on and we all can sleep like babies!


O what peace my prayer does bring,
To this weary soul.
When no one hears or understands,
It’s GOD that makes me whole!

O the serenity my heart does feel
And my mind is set at rest.
When CHRIST the LORD comes to me
I am always blessed!

O my LORD I love you so
For all the tranquility You give.
I don’t know how I would handle things
But through You, I do live!

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27




No comments:

Post a Comment