Searching

Monday, December 29, 2014

My Worst Enemy


“For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.”  Psalm 5:9

As I meditated on this verse I realized how well it describes my personal worst enemy and how thankful I am to have the protection of the LORD from that enemy.

I don’t think it is uncommon for us to think well of ourselves and feel we are better than those around us.  Others just don’t seem to have it together as well as we do.  They make stupid mistakes and sometimes what comes out of their mouths just makes us stop and wonder about them.  Perhaps we are pointing at ourselves!

This enemy of mine gets in my way and causes me more trouble than I can stand.  It would probably be better if I didn't have to be around him so much.  But every time I look in the mirror there he is staring back at me!

There is an enemy that causes me much trouble.
Always there, making my life one of rubble.

He never leaves or takes many breaks,
Always there, helping me to make my mistakes.

There is Another that has come to live within,
Giving me the power over this life of sin.

The LORD has given victory over the enemy of my flesh,
It no longer controls me but its power He has suppressed!

“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”  Romans 6:6


No comments:

Post a Comment