Searching

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

28. Will It Ever End

“O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.” Psalm 4:2

Have you ever felt this way, “Will it ever end”?  I know I have.  Perhaps this is what David ‘s thoughts were when he wrote this Psalm.  I know this, it is always better to put it all in the Lord’s hands.  Rely on the promises of God. Our own attempts to will only make the pit we are in deeper and more difficult.  

 

How long will I have to endure

The sorrows that vex my soul? 

Will this go on forever? 

Or will the sorrows, I outgrow?

 

How long will they torture me 

And take my peace away?

With all their lies and deceitfulness,

They bring me trouble every day.

 

How long will they mock me 

And turn my standing to shame?

I need you God, my Savior,  

I’m trusting totally in Your Name.

 

My hope lies completely in You. 

I can do nothing on my own.

Deliver me from the pit I’m in.

I’m thankful, I’m not alone.


Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Romans 12:19

No comments:

Post a Comment