Searching

Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Led Two Lives

“Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.”  Psalm 4:7

One of the greatest capabilities of a true believer in CHRIST is the ability to have joy in times of trouble.  It is just another one of the supernatural qualities that comes with the born again experience!

You see I have led two lives! One that consisted of the sinful nature I was born into and the other as one born again in CHRIST.  Before I was born the second time joy was always a temporary feeling.  Only present when things went my way. In times of trouble joy was no where to be found!  It is quite the opposite now that I’m born again.  In some of the worst days I have experienced since that occasion joy has always been present, enough even for others to see. 

Isn’t it amazing, David while being tormented by the enemy and having them in his sight watching them rejoice over their bumper crop he still had joy of his own! He didn’t whine or have a pity party but he sang out of his heart of the greater joy he had through his LORD!

O what joy the LORD hath given
None greater than when forgiven!

But this joy it always does remain
Even through all the fear and pain!

Even when death comes at your door
GOD’s gift of Joy is forevermore!

When all is controlled by GOD’s hand,
Joy remains by His grace we stand!

“For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.” Romans 8:5

“These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.” John 15:1



No comments:

Post a Comment