Searching

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Over the Edge


“I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.”  Psalm 6:6

Being faced with difficulties can bring you into a state of depression.  Sometimes it seems as if nothing goes right.  What do you do when this happens?  Do you try to fix the problems and only find out you have made them worse?  Do you call on others to get their help? Friends are wonderful but not always right.

Before you waist precious time trying your own methods, why not go to the only One that can truly solve anything you face, no matter how difficult.  Does it make you look weak? Well, aren't you? Once we see our weakness and put our dependence in CHRIST then we will have the victory!

I’m so exhausted in this state. 
So worn out I can not contemplate,
What is the reason I feel like this?
It only adds to my exhaustiveness. 

Whether by the pain my body feels,
Or the mental pressure my mind reveals.
Oh this groaning from deep within.
I can only pray in the end I’ll win. 

I turn my pillow from side to side
My head is wet from the tears I've cried.
The sleep that used to often come
Has left me now, and I am numb.

Where can I go to escape this pit?
To CHRIST alone I will submit.
I know because I am His,
He will solve the quandary of this quiz!

“Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”  1 John 5:5 

No comments:

Post a Comment