Searching

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Shake off Me


“O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me” Psalm 7:1

You may try different avenues of safety to protect yourself from harms way and from the sorrow it brings. But in the end your avenues turn to muddy roads filled with holes and dead ends!  But “O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust”!

It is a manufactured hope that relies on self or things that have no ear nor return a reply.  All words are empty and worthless that cry aloud in vain hope, but “O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust”!

Trusting self only brings another persecutor to your soul, you now are tormenting yourself.  How long will you stay in this drained state when hope is just a heartbeat away?  The Savior waits with His arms are opened wide to receive you? “O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust”!

I trusted in self and what did I get?
My troubles got worse and I did fret!

I wished that I had gone to the only Source,
Where peace could be found and no remorse!

The only thing worse then this could be.
To go back to self and depend on me!

So now I’ll shake off me and look to CHRIST,
For it was just for me He was sacrificed!


“For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.”  Psalm 18:28

No comments:

Post a Comment